Friday, August 30, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday is here once again. The end of a week!  I have only joined in by reading them in the last few months, but today I'm jumping back in.

WORSHIP

Little hands folded. Little voices singing.  I think that's what He hears from all of us. We close our eyes and say thanks, we lift voices in song, we read our Bible and meditate on scriptures that help us navigate through this thing called life.  My favorite sounds of worship are hearing "10,000 Reasons" from a little voice in the back seat just because that's the song that has popped in his head at the moment.  He's learning how to praise.  We stand in church and hear the music, he dances in the aisle. It tempts me to join him, but I'm held back because I know people will watch.  My other favorite times of worship have happened outdoors, in the woods, with just a guitar and voices. Sharing in His creation with Him.  Night air all around, His presence falling on us as dew falls in the dusk.  

As I get older, I'm learning that worship isn't just a corporate group thing.  Worship is in the little butterfly that flies over our deck and the exclamation from my small humans that "God made that butterfly so beautiful to fly to us today mom!".  It's in the excitement that they have when they go into the preschool classes and see their friends and I utter a "Thank you Jesus" as I give goodbye kisses for a few hours.  It's in the everyday, simple, almost taken for granted moments of joy.  And it happens more often than I realize. Beautiful worship for a beautiful Father Who created beautiful people, beautiful children and just beauty. 

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Jennifer this is beautiful! How amazing our God is and is worthy of our worship. Even in the seemingly little things we can praise Him.

Blessings and love,
Debibe

bluecottonmemory said...

It isn't just a coporate thing - though that is beautiful - but in moments like the butterfly and we give Him the glory:) Simply beautiful!I remember when my little ones danced in the aisle - and my husband and I tried to corral them - and a retired minister stayed us - saying, "They feel the Holy Spirit. Let them dance with it."

Maryleigh