Friday, July 12, 2013

Present

It's Friday. After a few weeks off (again), here goes a new five minutes! Check out more from Five Minute Friday . 

PRESENT

A gift. A present. The present. The moments of sweet silence before the rush of the little feet hit the floor. It's not easy for me to soak in the now. I like to plan and stay "on top of life".  But when I let myself go and I sit down in the moment, I feel my spirit refresh.  How many times throughout life do I use the words "Not now", "wait a minute", "just a second". How many times do I wish that I could get that moment back from the seemingly important tasks I can check off my list.
I watch her daddy turn her upside down and tickle her feet and soak in the giggles that I know will be gone far sooner than I'm ready for them to be.  I see his face light up at the sight of a paving machine on the side of the road and listen with joy at the description of what the machine does and what it will do on the job that day.  I have a rare gift of a dinner date out for our anniversary to celebrate the 8 years of adventure we've woven our way through at the guidance of His hand.  I build new relationships and realize that He has heard my pleading and now is the time.  And I realize that every single day I'm given this present of the present.  A time to live into the right now. A gift. A present. THE present.  

4 comments:

Denise said...

Yes, we are thinking alike today.

Ruth Ayres said...

I appreciate how you capture your presents in the present throughout the second paragraph. Thanks for sharing these moments with us. They are powerful.
Ruth

Anita Ojeda said...

Ah, your words remind me of a lesson I wish I'd lerned just a little sooner--it took a brush with death (my husband's) and depression (mine) for me to realize what you know already. Every moment is a gift--we have to choose to open it.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh yes, today is a gift from the Lord. To be present in each moment is a joy.

Blessings and love,
Debbie